Jan 24 2012
Windows Live Writer makes it easy for anyone to tell stories like a professional blogger. You can create beautiful blog posts, and see what they’ll look like online before you publish them to your blog. Plus, you can publish your blog to any of your favorite blog service providers, such as WordPress, Blogger, LiveJournal, and more.We used Windows Live Writer to write the blogs and we found that it is nice way to write the blogs. Some nice features are photo,video,map publishing Below are some basics about it.
How do I add a Blog account to Windows Live Writer?
Before you get started with Windows Live Writer, you must add at least one blog from a blog service providers. You can create a new blog on WordPress.com in Writer or add a blog that you already have. To add a blog that you already have, you’ll need the user name, password, and the web address that the blog service provides for your blog.
- Open Windows Live Writer by clicking the Start button
- Click on Windows live writer
3. If this is the first time you’ve opened Writer, you’ll be asked if you want to add a blog account. If you want to add another blog account, on the Home tab, click Add blog account.
4. If you’re asked if Writer can publish a temporary post, click Yes to download the theme for your blog, and then click Finish
How do I create a post and publish it to a blog?
You can create a completely new post using Windows Live Writer, or you can create a post from content on a website using Internet Explorer.
To create a new post
Open Windows Live Writer by clicking the Start button . Click Windows Live Writer.
2. On the Home tab, in the blog list, select the blog account that you want to publish your post to.
3. Type a post title, and then create your post.
To create a new post from content on a website
If you already have Writer installed, you can create a new post from content on a website using Internet Explorer.
Open Internet Explorer
Do one of the following:
If you want to create a post with a section of the webpage, highlight the content on the webpage.
If you want to include the whole webpage, don’t highlight any content.
Click Tools, and then click Blog This in Windows Live Writer.
4. If prompted, select the blog that you want to publish to, and then click OK.
You can format the post with below available functions. You can add pictures and photo albums,tables,hyperlinks,maps,post tags,emotions, plugins to a post. On top that you can update the theme if you have recently changed the theme on your blog.
Options available in Windows Live writer 11
Nice options which really help while blogging are “Preferences” , “editing” , Automatic linking and Ping servers
If you frequently link to certain web pages from your blog articles, always use auto links as you’ll save lot of time. So the moment you type Live Writer in your blog article, that phrase will automatically link to the homepage of Live Writer.
If you want FeedBurner and Blog Search engines to pick articles as soon as you hit publish, go to Tools –> Options –> Ping Servers and copy-paste list of Ping URLs: